Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Peacocks, Peonies, and Goslings

Goslings in the Columbia River, peacocks from the Seoul Zoo, flowers in shades of pink found in the Metro Station in Seoul, and white peonies from a friends back yard. All inspirations for my art in the last 3 months.

Traveling brings you to many interesting sites. These beautiful flowers were brought home to my daughters apartment in Seoul where I proceeded to paint several pictures of them. The funny part was they were not in a beautiful flower stall, or even a shop but deep underground near the train station. A visit not soon forgotten.

The peacock began to intrigue me as I uncovered and studied the various colors they display. They are a cocky bird who appears very territorial. They walk around the zoo strutting their finery and displaying a grandeur unlike another. 

The peonies are a very difficult flower to paint because they have so many petals that define its beauty. I will continue to work on this flower for many years to come.

No comments: