- I salute all of the art associates who help and inspire artists to do great art. Thank you!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Visiting My Favorite Art Supply Store
Yesterday I took my annual summer visit to Daniel Smith. Here I always find the finest quality art supplies, helpful associates, and great ideas. I had an hour to get what I needed and leave. In that hour I managed to find several new papers to try out and a number of new colors that will appear in my art this year. I now have enough paint and paper to last through the winter. But I also found a listening ear. . .One of the associates had a moment and talked to me about what I did as an artist. She asked these questions because she wanted to help me choose the best tools for creating art. But she became interested enough in what I said that I gave her one of my cards. I have learned that you can tell people that you blog but unless they are asking for information no one wants more to read these days so I just go on and talk about something else. Anyway she asked if I would add some of my cross country drawings to my blog and even my TV drawings. So before I start back to school teaching my fabulous kinders I will talk about what I did as I road across the country this summer with my daughter. Another post will be about my sketches as I watch TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment