Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back in the Classroom

Back to the Classroom . . . Organizing Monday I spent 3 more hours in my classroom this time with my friend and assistant. I wanted her to have a special spot to work with students so as I stated earlier I turned my desk over to her and whoever else will be in the classroom. She sorted through the tutoring supplies and I put up the calendar and continued to put away more and more needed supplies. I even managed to find a special place for the Legos and kitchenware. This is such a good thing because the students love to play with these two items and when they see them they do not understand why they cannot just do what they want with the toys. Toys become tools for learning in kindergarten.

I have large table in my room and they create big challenges for organization. We decided to try an L formation to start with and see where we go from there. I managed to rearrange my make shift storage area and now I have a math lab corner. Yeah! I pushed a larger table up against a wall and now there is another tutoring table or writing table. Tomorrow I need to sort my math items into 6 distinct units. I will take 6 boxes and sort the pieces into each box. It is all about saving time during the school year.

No comments: