Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wyoming Road Trip















Inspirational are the mountains of Wyoming. When we drove up into these majestic mountains I took many pictures and could not take my eyes off the contrasts. Under the evergreen trees is a carpet of blue flowers. They blanket the sides of the road and are so beautiful. The road up the mountain was excellent and easy to drive. We headed from Gillette towards Buffalo on almost an empty highway. As I drove I just kept wondering if we needed more information about the roads so we stopped in Buffalo to ask for specific directions. The guide at the information center was most helpful in recommending this route and even a 20 mile short cut. We rejoiced as we pulled into Cody by 1:30 in the afternoon as compared to 7:30 PM the previous night. Today we took the time to plan our trip to Yellowstone National Park (our country's oldest national park) and will enjoy our last day of sight seeing before we head for home.


No comments: