Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The Next Adventure
Rachel and Juan Head Off to Their New Home in Korea
Rachel and Juan head out to their next adventure at 4:00 AM this morning. They leave healthy, happy and ready for what lies ahead in Korea. International travel is an interesting opportunity which will come my way in the months ahead. Today I reflect on this year. This past 12 months I have worked on drawing and painting all the art I can squeeze in between teaching kindergarten. In the past my art was approximately 3 by 5 inches as my confidence has grown the paintings have increased in size and complexity. I realized that simple and straight forward is good. I am interpreting what I see and placing it on paper.
These last 50 drawings were created as a passenger in a car going between 70 and 80 miles an hour. Looking out at the scenery and drawing what I see passing my window is fun and engaging. I felt much more relaxed and enjoyed the trip because I was drawing. As a year has passed for me in creating my art I feel ready, as Rachel and Juan are ready for their next adventure, to begin displaying my art at shows. I plan on keeping the 50 drawings together and showing them as a group. As I am on the record now I will hold myself to this goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment