Pulling into our driveway Sunday afternoon was wonderful. We took our final picture of our car with the bugs smeared across the windshield and everywhere else. The sunshine greeted us and the weather was perfect. We had stopped in Missoula to see niece Jennifer and family, stayed in Spokane and took our last side trip to Pasco to see my mom, sister and brother. 3300 miles of driving across the heartland of the United States is positively amazing. The late rainfall had kept the prairies and forests extra green. The corn was growing taller and the fields looked productive. The highways were lighter than expected due to rising fuel costs. The foreign visitors were out in force. I heard many different languages as we visited the monuments and parks. What was funny was my understanding of what the parents were saying to the children irregardless of actually being able to speak the language. It was all in the tonal qualities of the voice that made the interpretation of the message fairly easy. My experience as an artist was enhanced as we saw some of the same things last year when we drove from west to east coast. I realized the drawing I had done then, reflected the things I had seen and the ones I did this time were consistent with what I had done in the past. These are all good things. So far I have not completed any of the work but over 50 have been sketched and are ready for the next step. This time they are dated and at least the state was identified on the back. I will be utilizing more colors such as yellow, purple/blue, red and many variations of green as I complete each piece of work. An enjoyable week with my daughter. A week full of adventure, bonding, and love. I will be home for a month before I travel off to the next destination.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Home at Last
Entering Washington
Pulling into our driveway Sunday afternoon was wonderful. We took our final picture of our car with the bugs smeared across the windshield and everywhere else. The sunshine greeted us and the weather was perfect. We had stopped in Missoula to see niece Jennifer and family, stayed in Spokane and took our last side trip to Pasco to see my mom, sister and brother. 3300 miles of driving across the heartland of the United States is positively amazing. The late rainfall had kept the prairies and forests extra green. The corn was growing taller and the fields looked productive. The highways were lighter than expected due to rising fuel costs. The foreign visitors were out in force. I heard many different languages as we visited the monuments and parks. What was funny was my understanding of what the parents were saying to the children irregardless of actually being able to speak the language. It was all in the tonal qualities of the voice that made the interpretation of the message fairly easy. My experience as an artist was enhanced as we saw some of the same things last year when we drove from west to east coast. I realized the drawing I had done then, reflected the things I had seen and the ones I did this time were consistent with what I had done in the past. These are all good things. So far I have not completed any of the work but over 50 have been sketched and are ready for the next step. This time they are dated and at least the state was identified on the back. I will be utilizing more colors such as yellow, purple/blue, red and many variations of green as I complete each piece of work. An enjoyable week with my daughter. A week full of adventure, bonding, and love. I will be home for a month before I travel off to the next destination.
Pulling into our driveway Sunday afternoon was wonderful. We took our final picture of our car with the bugs smeared across the windshield and everywhere else. The sunshine greeted us and the weather was perfect. We had stopped in Missoula to see niece Jennifer and family, stayed in Spokane and took our last side trip to Pasco to see my mom, sister and brother. 3300 miles of driving across the heartland of the United States is positively amazing. The late rainfall had kept the prairies and forests extra green. The corn was growing taller and the fields looked productive. The highways were lighter than expected due to rising fuel costs. The foreign visitors were out in force. I heard many different languages as we visited the monuments and parks. What was funny was my understanding of what the parents were saying to the children irregardless of actually being able to speak the language. It was all in the tonal qualities of the voice that made the interpretation of the message fairly easy. My experience as an artist was enhanced as we saw some of the same things last year when we drove from west to east coast. I realized the drawing I had done then, reflected the things I had seen and the ones I did this time were consistent with what I had done in the past. These are all good things. So far I have not completed any of the work but over 50 have been sketched and are ready for the next step. This time they are dated and at least the state was identified on the back. I will be utilizing more colors such as yellow, purple/blue, red and many variations of green as I complete each piece of work. An enjoyable week with my daughter. A week full of adventure, bonding, and love. I will be home for a month before I travel off to the next destination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment