Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Placing My Work in Frames

Today I spent the morning putting my work in frames. My preference is always painting and drawing but when you show the pieces they look best in frames. It always amazes me how a frame focuses the eye on the art work. I keep my watercolors in portfolios and sometimes I read it like a book. This has caused me to overlook a good piece because it does not show up until it is set apart.
I thought when I scanned my painting into the blog they would look better and you could get an idea what kind of work I do but in my opinion the paintings do not show well in this format. The watercolor I did of the lagoon and its reflection was placed in a frame today and I also turned it into a card cover. I have to admit the painting seemed boring until I put it in a frame now I really enjoy looking at it. Of course the frame does crop the painting to the pictures advantage and this makes the work more pleasing to the eye.

No comments: